Holding Out For You


AUTHOR: ObsessingOverEdward


HOW THE AUTHOR DESCRIBES IT:After her divorce, Bella starts a new life with her son. She soon meets a handsome doctor, who is dealing with his own loss and is struggling to raise his two kids. It's a story of finding strength during adversity and learning to love again

HOW I DESCRIBE IT: Adult Bella and Edward are both single parents trying to raise their kids as best they can. Trying to start over after her divorce, Bella moves to Monterey Bay with her son to start over where she falls for Edward, her sons coach. But in the relationship that B and E may develop, there are three kids in the picture which could make things a lot less then smooth sailing.

CHAPT THAT WILL SUCK YOU IN: Chapter 1:Leaving La Push - This is the first fic I have read where Bella is a mom and it really interested me to see older B and E characters.

CHAPT THAT IS EPIC: Chapter 30: Team Party - You want to hate Bella for what she does but you can truly understand why she is doing it. Its so sad :(

FINAL THOUGHT: This ff is my second fave behind WA. Its so so sweet and so damn funny too! Bella's realtionship with her son is fantastic and Edwards with his kids is so heartaching at times. Its a beautiful fic about family and second chances. Not very smutty but there is this one outtake with Honey Sticks...... ;) MUST READ FIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Cindy V said...

This is one of my favorites!!! As enthralled as we all are with the world of teenaged Edward & Bella, it's awesome to see them a little older, perhaps a little wiser, and dealing with things that most people can relate to- death, divorce, new families, awkward relationships, etc. It was genuine, it was sweet, and it's definitely one I'll read again!

Ceci said...

HOFY!!!!!!

Ok Bauble... you just said it ALL!

HOFY is NOT for everybody. Not so much smut BUT the scenes in which there IS smut are very INTENSELY lemonly (errr thats not a word, I'm sure). It's very SWEET. It deals with an older Bella and Edward which is a good change from High School E/B... for a change. I wasnt sure how much I would get into it when I first read it; especially after reading WA (my FIRST FF EVER). BUT, it won me over in the very first chapter because it was something different and it intrigued me. BEAUTIFUL doesnt even begin to cover it.

HOFY is exceptionally different from most FF's simply because its TOO close to real life. Perhaps that IS why most readers dont favorite it; most readers like to escape in the dream-like and impossibility of most Twilight FF's. But I really DO reccomend it. Edward in HOFY is just=THUD! He's AMAZING... there's a scene in which he doest a little "dance" with some smokin' hot firemen... LOL I have to re-read THAT part. And there's a part in which he utilizes his doctor "utensils" to "play" with Bella (wink wink, nudge nudge).

So what are you guys waiting for!??! READ ITTT!! Its a MUST read!!

Kim1524 said...

HOFY is a very sweet story that will not be to everyone's taste. For me personally I found it a little boring. It is a favourite among so many, I just think it goes down to personal preference.

With the exception of A Rough Start by ItzMegan73 - which I absolutely adore - I haven't read many stories where either Bella or Edward already have children, so this was somewhat new to me.

Bella has a son, Seth and is now divorced from Jake who was incredibly controlling and unfaithful. Edward has two children - Elizabeth and Anthony - and is still struggling with his wife Tanya's death. They meet, they form a connection, and then have to deal with certain problems that arise from their relationship, i.e. Elizabeth. This story deals with a subject matter that so many deal with on a daily basis; so I'm sure a lot of people will relate to it.

Eventhough it is not a personal favourite, I did like the lemony goodness throughout, they were well written.

I think, like I said earlier, it's down to personal taste. The only thing I can say is to read it and see what you think as I have no strong opinion either way.

gossip_bangkok said...

HOFY is THE FIC!! :)
It's amazingly written!!
If you like this kind of fic, I would suggest 'Falling For You' by GreenEyedGirl17.. It's amazingly written! :)
Thanks for the review!! :)
Well done!