Emancipation Proclamation


FIC/LINK: Emancipation Proclamation

AUTHOR: Kharizzmatik


HOW THE AUTHOR DESCRIBES IT:Edward grew up in a life of money, power, & respect. Isabella was born into slavery-has never known another way. Their worlds collide & neither will ever be the same again. Will he give her freedom? Can he bear to ever let her go?

HOW I DESCRIBE IT: Modern day America and in the Mafia, you can still have slaves. Bella is bought into the Cullen household to care for the Cullen boys. One of whom is the harsh, blunt Edward. Together they learn a different side of themselves they never knew existed and face the challenges that come with being in the mafia. Where the loss of a challenge equates to a loss of life.

CHAPT THAT WILL SUCK YOU IN: Honestly...Chapter 1! Just the concept of slavery in modern day America blows my mind. Its so intriguing and really emotional to know that Bella knows absolutely nothing about the outside world. It opens ur eyes to how scary our world truly is.

CHAPT THAT IS EPIC: Every effing chapter but for me it was Chapter 50: Tangled Web.


This chapter had me screaming and squealing through twitter for a solid 2 days!! It was INTENSE!!!


FINAL THOUGHT: The author can write like crazy! Im talking 15K chapters! But you never feel that they are too long because you just want to keep reading! You will laugh, cry, get emotional everywhere. FYI: theres a particular driving scene in 43. that has me PMSL just remembering reading it!


FYI 2: Ill kill you if you read this review and still dont go to read the damn fic!!


SNSHYNE'S FINAL THOUGHT:
It is entirely impossible for me to have a final thought on this fic. I am not a ranking person. I feel that there are too many great things in this world, known and unknown, to go around assigning ranks of importance. However, that logic gets blown away with Emancipation Proclamation (EP). It is, without a doubt, my number one fanfiction choice. 


I've said it before, I am an Edward sympathizer. I cannot think of a fic where I have not wanted to cause Bella bodily harm at some point. EP is also the only fic where I have yet to want to kill Bella at any point (and we are now on chapter 62). She can't help her situation and I feel that is handled very well. You can't help but find her naiveté and eagerness endearing. My favorite thing about Bella is that as little as she knows about the world, she is sure of Edward, or MPW (Mafia Princeward) as he has been affectionately named, and what he means to her. She does not doubt what she means to him at any point. Refreshing? Uh, yeah. 


Edward...hmmmm. What do I say? Please come over and sweet talk me in some Italian while we shotgun in between swigs of Grey Goose and then...we'll let the night take it's course. I'm glad he's finally 18, because I felt bad about my sinful thoughts for quite a while. But seriously, Edward is very cocksure about himself. He's intelligent and impatient, he's passionate about the things he loves. He's talented and gifted in a lot of ways, but people tend to see his tough exterior more than anything. And poor baby, he has so many issues to be so young and privileged.


The narrative between Edward and Bella is very distinctive. A lot of times in ff, you can't sense the distinction, but you can in EP. And it's not because Edward swears and Bella doesn't. Bella's purity is very prevalent in her narrative. As well as her inquisitive nature. Edward's internal struggle to grow into a self-sufficient man is very dominant. He's more humble than he appears on the outside. 


I loved EP from chapter 1, even with my squeamish nature. But when asked to pick a chapter that stands out I have to say the combo of 17: Punishment, 18: Despair and Hope and 19: Secret Sorrows, but I'm not telling you why. If you start now, you can reach that point by tonight and agree with me.


Also, I love both Emmett and Carlisle in this fic as well. Carlisle is seriously misunderstood and Emmett is like the perfectly, annoying older brother.  

3 comments:

snshyne said...

Well...Do we even need me to comment in this one? We all KNOW how I feel about EP. I get everyone to read it. I've even argued with people about it. So yeah.

GO READ IT!!

Krystle said...

EP is a must-read fan-fiction! The story is so intricately wound and suspenseful; you can’t help but keep reading and reading. (Especially when you’re like me, and started reading it when it was already up to 50 chapters) The story is very well-rounded – funny, sexy, sad, sweet and suspenseful. Love it!

Kim1524 said...

I can't say enough good things about EP. It tackles so many different aspects of life; first love, loss, heartache, abuse, friendship and belonging - it truly is amazing.

The story is incredibly well written and switches between Bella and Edward point of views (with a couple of Carlisle also. I heart that man!) All our favourite characters appear throughtout so it should appeal to everyone.

It sucks you in from the very first chapter and if you're anything like me you will forgo sleep until you are up to date. An absolute must read!