Hydraulic Level 5


FIC/LINK: Hydraulic Level 5

AUTHOR: Gondolier


HOW THE AUTHOR DESCRIBES IT:Critics hailed Edward Cullen’s novels as “masterful” and "brimstone beauty"--a genius of our time. Eh. I gave him my heart when I was four…and still, he left me for his stupid vampire books. Now he's an NYC elite...and I have extreme sports in Forks, WA.

HOW I DESCRIBE IT: Bella and Edward are divorced and have only seen each other 4 times in the past seven years. But with his sister getting married it is inevitable that the two must see each other again. Considering the bride is Bellas ex-sister-in-law. Bella still has no answers for why the marriage ended seven years ago. Both are confused and hurt. living separate, successful lives but can life without love equal success?

CHAPT THAT WILL SUCK YOU IN: Chapter 3: Confluence - The realationship and interraction between B and E is so heart breaking and so intriguing. You can feel the pull of love but there is a barrier stopping the connection. Heartbreaking!

CHAPT THAT IS EPIC: Chapter 17: Roostertail - The truth about everything is laid out and its a heart wrenching chapter and answers so many questions!

FINAL THOUGHT: The fic is pretty much ALL BPOV where we only see EPOV through the extracts of his new book he's writing which is more a memoir/autobiography. I am completely sucked in to this fic! It makes you laugh so so much but is so heartbreaking as well! This is up there with Wide Awake for me. I just LOVE the character profiles in this fic! So so good!

FYI: The prologue will confuse the shit out of you. But keep reading and you will get it after a few more chapters!


SNSHYNE'S FINAL THOUGHT:
So I started to read this off of a rec by a few people and I have to agree that the prologue confused the shit out of me and I almost didn't continue reading. However, I did and I really enjoy this story. In my honest opinion, I wish it updated more. But as an author, I understand that sometimes it isn't possible. 


You just want these two to get together. To have it work out. I am NOT a crier and I may or may not have cried a few times reading this fic. I think chapter 24: Hung Up might be my favorite chapter in the story. The cave dwelling or whatever it's called is surprisingly erotic and being stuck in a tent with Edward during a torrential storm is very alluring. The fact that he's willing to do these crazy things with Bella because it's something she enjoys is heartwarming. And he's opening up to her. Letting her in on some very deep issues that he has. 


I literally cross my fingers every time I get an update just praying it goes well for them. So far, so good I think. 

5 comments:

Kay said...

as I told you on Twitter...i 100% agree with your review! I criiied reading chapter 17!! so many emotions there.. and i love that it is written the way it is.. having flashbacks to their childhood in EPOV if it can be described like that.

Kim1524 said...

I simply adore this story; the prologue alone had me instantly itching for more. It is heartbreaking, warming, humorous and full of drama.

At first you don't know what caused Edward and Bella to split, the only information given is that Edward needed to "find himself", leaves Bella brokenhearted and then publishes a series of books called "Spoon Creek Vampires" and uses both them and his family as somewhat characters. It instantly portrays Edward as the "bad guy", especially when he comes home for his sisters wedding "dating" his agent.

However, not everything is as it seems. There is a lot of raw hurt still between them, questions left unanswered and a whole lot of confusion.

We get to see snippets of Edward's thoughts through emails between him and his agent Charlotte, they show past memories that he has shared with Bella, it is almost as if he is keeping a memoir of sorts; he wants to preserve his time spent with her on paper so he never forgets.

You can see the want and need between them after all these years and certain past events which resulted in the divorce will be revealed, leaving you utterly devastated. Also, there is a "note" that will leave you thinking about it for days after.

The main journey you see throughout this story is friendship. They finally open up to each other and let the other know exactly what they are thinking; all honest answers.

There is still a lot left to this story and I can't wait to read it. It truly is a wonderfully written story and an absolute favourite. A must read.

ROBSESSED43 said...

This is my absolute favorite FF! I was soooo confused with the prologue, but stuck it out and am so glad I did! This story is heart wrenching. I have never wanted a E & B together so much! Love, love, love it!

Patzy said...

This is by far my favorite FF...I am so relieved to see that the author is continuing with it despite the hardship she is going through. Chapter 27 did not disappoint...it was more than worth the wait!
Seriously can't get enough of this one...THANK YOU BAUBLE!!!!!

Unknown said...

I heard about HL5 from like everyone but couldn't get into it because of the prologue. I think I might need to go back and try again! Thanks for this :)