Caravaggio



FIC/LINK: Caravaggio


AUTHOR: Meimei42

HOW THE AUTHOR DESCRIBES IT:Bella’s parents have commissioned a painting to be done of her by a one Edward Cullen. He's too suave for his own good and before long he's trying to talk Bella right out of her clothes.

HOW I DESCRIBE IT: Bella's parents try really hard to pretend to fit in to the upper class society. So they want a painting of Bella to be done. Only Edward Cullen is a very smooth worker and really does talk B out of her clothes!! But is B just being set up for a broken heart?

CHAPT THAT WILL SUCK YOU IN: Chapter 2: Strike a Pose - Things get risky when Bella decides to pose nude for Edward

CHAPT THAT IS EPIC: Chapter 8: Skin - This one is a bit angsty and reality hits Bella a bit more.

FINAL THOUGHT: Theres just something about this fic that draws you in.... E says he doesnt do relationship but B says she doesnt care....but you just know that she is going to get her heartbroken at some stage. Oh and the Artistward is kinda sexy ;)


SNSHYNE'S FINAL THOUGHT


In all honesty, I liked Caravaggio at first. I was interested to see if the title had any indication for the direction of the fic based on the Italian artist. I also like a fic where Edward isn't a doctor or a wealthy businessman like he often is. Don't get me wrong, I love Edward in scrubs and I love Edward behind a desk (that maybe he bends someone over). But I also like to see him in different roles. And the older Edward younger Bella aspect intrigued me as well.


At this point, I have to honestly say I'm disappointed in the fic. Yes, a brooding Edward is sexy and intriguing, but this one is just so tragic that I'm not convinced he's redeemable. And Bella is sort of one dimensional to me, which makes it harder for me to stay interested. 


I will implore everyone to read it for themselves and gather their own opinions if you are so inclined. 

2 comments:

Kim1524 said...

I came across this story around a month back, and praise the day I did! I am completely and utterly hooked!

Bella's parents have comissioned Edward - a young local artist - to paint a portrait of her to be unveiled on her eighteenth birthday to a house full of guests. They have neither the money or the status that they desire, which has got them in some debt, but that still doesn't deter them from trying to act the part.

Bella isn't thrilled about having to sit and pose for hours on end for some stuffy artist. Of course, she wasn't expecting Edward to turn up at her door.

Edward is utterly beautiful, charming and just oozes sex appeal. He is standing there with a cigarette hanging from his lips and his hair in it's usual dissaray. Obviously not the typical pretentious painter she was expecting. With the lines: “Please tell me you’re Isabella,” and “You ever thought about posing nude?” You just know this fic is going to own you.

Bella soon starts to secretly pose nude for Edward, and it stems from there really. She begins to lie to her parents and friends just in order to see him. They can't help but be drawn to one another, and soon start a sexual relationship. But that's all it is, and assumingly can be. Edward won't commit to a real relationship, even though Bella would love one. She states she doesn't mind, that she just needs any part of him that he can give her. However, that won't work forever. They are already getting jealous at who they think to be each others "suitors".

He has a past, which hasn't been divulged yet, but we know it is somewhat dark. Problems arise, and will continue to do so. He is still painting other woman nude, which Bella understandably finds difficult to deal with. Also, the fact that they started being sexual with each other when she was still seventeen will be heavily frowned upon... that's putting it nicely. There is also the added difficulty of one Jessica Stanley to add into the mix. They naturally have to keep everything a secret.

Even when they finish the portrait they can't stay away from each other. She is his siren, his muse, he can't not have contact with her, just like she can't bear to be away from him.

There is still so much left to this story, which I absolutely cannot wait for. You will not regret reading this. I adore it.

gossip_bangkok said...

Sounds interesting.
I will have to check it out! :)
Thanks dear!