Eight Days A Week


AUTHOR: 107yearoldvirgin
HOW THE AUTHOR DESCRIBES IT:Bella Swan needs a Nanny. Edward Cullen needs a job. Accepting the Manny position will change his life forever...and may just help him grow up in the process. Snark, humor, lemons and Edward in a towel. Seduction has never been so juvenile
HOW I DESCRIBE IT: Edward needs a job and finds an advert about a nanny position. He's not all that serious about it but goes along to the interview anyway. To his surprise he earns the job right then and there, no qualification or background checks necessary. He becomes a live-in manny to a boy and girl for a Bella Swan. Both Edward and the kids stumble their way through the day and teach each other about being a grown-up and being a kid.
CHAPT THAT WILL SUCK YOU IN: Um the effing Prologue!!! Its so darn HOT!!! Otherwise Chapter 1: Help! Where Edward first meets Bella and gets the manny job.
CHAPT THAT IS EPIC: Chapter 5: A Taste of Honey - Well there was a revelation here that knocked me on my ass! I so did not see it coming!! :O

FINAL THOUGHT: I LOVE this fic. Its so funny! Edward and the kids are hilarious together and Bella and Edward butt heads to start with, then go through the phase of trying to stay platonic for the sake of the kids. Its really sweet in some scenes that involve the kids and will have you soft as a marshmallow once you read it. A definite must read!! Its not all that heavy on the angst and is nothing like other nanny fics!

SNSHYNE'S FINAL THOUGHT

This fic is cute and hilarious. 107yearoldvirgin has a way with funny phrases and pop culture references. Edward's references to Don (his penis) or the seual terms he gives the volvo are side splitters. There is a chapter full of things like garbage pail kids and kid sister and it's just awesome! I took a trip down nostalgia lane.

Edward is very playful and Bella is far more serious in this fic as she has had to be responsible for far too long. Personally, I find her character very relatable, which might be why I like this story so much.

Also, there are kids in this fic and I don't feel the need to hurl my Mac or iPhone at the wall while reading like I do with so many other kid fics, which is why I don't read them. The kids in Eight Days a Week aren't bratty or annoying. They're just normal. 

*SPOILER ALERT* the proposal in this fic is by far the cutest and most gush worthy proposal I have read in all my fic days.

1 comments:

shecat said...

This one sounds very interesting. Gonna have to check this one out.