Age of Consent: My Summer as a Legal Intern



FIC/LINK: Age of Consent: My Summer as a Legal Intern

AUTHOR: littlesecret84


HOW THE AUTHOR DESCRIBES IT: Bella is almost 17 and begins an internship at the Cllalam County District Court one summer. She's infatuated with her boss, Edward, a 26 year old attorney who drives her to and from work. The tension is there on Day 1, let's see where it will take them

HOW I DESCRIBE IT: Whilst interning for Edward during the summer, Bella falls for Edward. Th problem is he's almost 10 years her senior. So drama ensues as they try to hide their relationship from all the judging eyes of the world and figure out if they can really make it work.

CHAPT THAT WILL SUCK YOU IN: Chapter 4: Navy Blue Sailor Dress. This chapt has both EPOV and BPOV and will leave you squirming in your seat for more!

CHAPT THAT IS EPIC: OK there's a few in here...pretty much any chapter that involves the disapproving parentals has an EPIC outcomes!

FINAL THOUGHT: I have to admit Bella in this fic drives me insane! Shes bratty and whiny and walks all over Edward. Edward is annoying too as he is happy to be her door mat. Read it if you dare or if you dont mind an immature 16 yr old Bella.

SNSHYNE'S FINAL THOUGHT:
I actually love Age of Consent. I will agree, that Bella has her whiny moments, but she is 16 and the whiny moments decrease as she gets older. By the end, it's gone. I enjoyed how devoted they are to each other and I found it interesting that Edward is more verbal in his feelings than Bella is. Simply because it's usually reverse, but he is older and more mature and so the idea is that he has a better grip on what he wants. He wants Bella. I also love that they aren't perfect. Edward has student loans and Bella has a hymen. Littlesecret84 is a realistic writer and I think that throws some people off, but I enjoy it. A lot of people had issue with the nearly ten-year age gap, but I love that part. It's also interesting who ends up being the antagonists to their relationship, people you would NEVER expect.

I pick the combo of Chapter 9: New Clothes and Chapter 10: light blue top, dark denim, converse. It's a huge, HUGE turning point and I think these two chapters are what officially sold me on AoC. There is a point in chapter 10 that you'll know it when you read it...*swoon*

Also, there are outtakes for this fanfic and you should read them. I had a hand in influencing the first one, White. However, they are all great.

1 comments:

Kim1524 said...

I came across this story a while ago completely by accident, and was so glad I did.

Some may think the subject is a litlle controversial considering the fact Bella is only 16 while Edward is 26, but that didn't bother me at all. Bella isn't like most teenagers in the fact she doesn't go out partying etc, she is extrememly intelligent and goes after what she wants. And she wants Edward.

There is instant attraction from both; Edward having the difficult ability at trying to resist something he so obviously wants when she is so evidently flirting with him.

I love the connection they have through poetry and how they love each other wholly despite the fact that both their lives could go up in flames. Yes, Bella is a little whiney at times but that's just due to her youth.

Again, it is really well written and a great read.